Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nostalgia

1. a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition; A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.

You know that feeling when you here a certain word, phrase, see a movie or hear a certain song (especially), it makes you think back to a certain time in your life that reminds you, "those were some fucking good times" or "I wish could go back to those days". That ladies and gentlemen is called Nostalgia.

Whenever I hear that word, I always think back to 2003-2005, more so late '03, early '04.
I can honestly say between that period was the best time of my life. Back when I didnt have to worry about paying for school, finding a job, having little money, supporting myself, etc. Bascially it was when I had no true "responsibilities". Everything during that period was great: music, people I knew or met, events, actually being involved in skating, school, goin to shows; couldn't ask for anything better.

But as everyone knows, good things never last forever. Things change, people grow up, move away, lose touch and, sadly, some are not here anymore. Out of the 100 people I knew, I can only name maybe 10 off the top of my head I still keep contact with, but the good thing is I'll always have 10 people I can always reminisce, and for that I always cherish those conversations. Other than that, music sucks now these days, nothing exciting happens, school is pissing me off (though I am willing to go through it), I am in spitting distance away from quitting skating, and there's MAYBE a good show once every 5-7 months.

I sure some people (I hope) feel the same way I feel, wishing they could go back to a period of time when they truly enjoyed it. Sadly, the more I grow up, the more I wish to go back. Some people may think its bad to not let go of the past but the way I see it, you'd only keep wishing it if you truly enjoyed what you experienced.

....And that's my rant for the day/week (to make up for the missing posts).


Since we're talking about nostalgia...


Listen to:


Atreyu-Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwuccoxzozc
http://www.myspace.com/atreyu


fuck the haters. this cd was (and still is) the shit.

No comments: